Re: Communicating/"Secret Committee"

In a message dated 9/5/1999 10:45:29 AM Central Daylight Time,
bobaxe@sbtek.net writes:

<< Any AHS business emails sent to robin officials that aren't appropriate
 should make the person who sent them liable for suspension just like any
 others to the robin, maybe permanently. I think this would work better
 than a secret committee. Just my opinion.

I can understand why the members of the secret committee want to remain
anonymous, if indeed Barbara is accurate and I have no reason to believe that
she is not.
Two observations:
1. The members of the Committee will become known, IF THERE IS INDEED A
COMMITTEE. (I have my doubts as to whether such exists.) If there are members
of such a committee, I could make about 2 or 3 'phone calls and discover
their identities; however, I would not waste my time and money.
2. I do not think I could sleep if I were making moral judgments on fellow
members' posts; warning members, such as Jim Hawes, for posting something
which in no way violated any of the guidelines; warning or suspending members
for making "political" statements and then reversing that policy but not
removing a previous warning or suspension based upon verboten "political"
commentary; characterizing as a "personal attack" any posting in which one
responds vigourously in opposition to another member's position or views.
3. Being a member of such a committee gives those members unbridled
power---something we all secretly want. Most of us are able to keep that in
the back corner of our superegos(or whatever the Freudian term is).
4. Committee members may think that they are going to be rewarded by getting
cushy and powerful positions in the administration of the AHS. This is
risible.Patently so.

Clyde Crockett z5