questions

LakesideRM@aol.com wrote:
At this time I am more sold on colored scapes than on
colored petioles.
Enough for now,
Mary

Mary,
I sure agree with you about the colored petioles. They certainly stick
out this time of year. A few questions for you and the other robins.
I have a couple of 3 year old seedling that have scapes and petioles
that are almost all white with a few streaks of green. I'm not sure if
this is common or not but it sure isn't with me. The seed pods tend to
be mostly white with the same green streaking. Any thoughts about this?
I also have a 2 year old seedling(William Lachman X Hirao Majesty) that
has a very rigid stem(for lack of a better term)that is up about 4-5".
This is not a scape. It is twice the width of pencil lead and very
rigid. There is 2-3 leaves attached. The plant itself is low growing,
great substance with wavy, streaky leaves. Any idea of what this is?
This plant has not sent up a scape as of yet.
Regards, Stuart