Re: Fwd: advice wanted -- color printers

Giboshiman@aol.com wrote:

> Any help is appreciated!

> Subject: advice wanted -- color printers
> Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 13:36:14 EDT
> From: Giboshiman@aol.com
> To: DAYLILY@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU, skelley@ccpl.carr.org,
>      AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM, CCREDUX@aol.com,
>      janet@millsdesign.com, CBCTPLANT@aol.com, AGMgarden@aol.com
>
> I have been authorized to spend up to $500 by one of my clubs to obtain a
> color printer to add color to our local newletters.  I have been reading the
> literature and based upon the written word I have it narrowed down to an
> Epson or an HP in that price range.  I have a thirteen year old HP LaserJet
> series II that I have had for 13 years, (14 years in November) and it has
> never needed anything other than toner cartridges.  I get about 3500 pages
> per cartridge (it is black only), and have done over 50,000 total pages on
> it, so I am partial to HP.  It is the only printer I have owned.
>
> But I know nothing about Epson or other brands so any advice, especially from
> local and regional newsletter or anyone that publishes and demand high
> quality, high resolution printing, is greatly appreciated.

Kevin,
Without a doubt a laser printer in the end is less costly then and
inkjet. With that said I own a HP Deskjet 895se. It is a great B&W and
Color printer. I would suggest that whatever printer you decide on get
your best price and then go to Office Max, Staples or the like. They
will give you 55% of the difference between their price and the best
price. My printer still runs $399.00 but I got it for $245. Someone had
a sale for $299.00 and I got $55.00 off of that after the 55%
difference. Just a thought.
Regards, Stuart