More amazing

Good morning, Clyde et al:

Well, it's finally raining here south of Boston.  For those of you not
wanting to read anymore about the on going issues, then just scroll to the
end.

I stopped reading for the most part the "Jim" posts until this morning.  Once
again, I have never met Jim.  We post each other occasionally, and I have
always found him to be kind, sharing, and generous.

Glen Williams, I have met at a NEHS meeting.  Glen is as nice and funny as a
person can be except when bidding on a hosta (Glen, I really wanted that one
hosta...<LOL>).

I have never met Clyde Crockett.  Since, I have joined the listservers,
present and past, Clyde has had shots taken at him as well, warranted or not.
 However, he has shared his knowledge with me and made introductions for me
to meet more of you.

I can comment on many many more...but why should I.  I have yet to meet,
email or in person, anyone who I haven't liked.  As people, we all have
'quarks' {those are a lot smaller than quirks}.  As hosta people, a lot of us
have the hostaholism illness.  In general, we share, trade, sell, that which
care for...hosta.

I have read some posts on "secret police" or a "secret committee".  Haven't
we seen what damage this has done in Europe as well as in our own country?
Please, will someone tell me I'm having a very bad dream, and wake me up!

Have we lost our vision which bond us together or have I oversimplified what
any plant society is about?  It's almost like we have reevaluated Maslow's
Theory and lost our sense of humor.

I don't play politics in business, and I'm not running for nor planning to
run for public office (re: Warren Beatty's Bulworth movie). As a matter of
fact, I'm not planning to become involved in the AHS other than an interested
member who wants to learn more about hosta.

Enough said...I'm stepping down from my soapbox. I sincerely hope that you
all had a great labor Day weekend and were able to bet some gardening done.
I have 2 more hosta to plant.  Then, I'm going to relocate a Weeping Norway
spruce and some dwarf conifers.  This project is in preparation to plan and
plant a better Japanese garden this fall. Like any garden, it's never done.

Hostally,

Rich Horowitz
Stoughton MA

Comments welcomed through the listserver(s) or privately...it makes no
difference to me.