Re: Do we need another list serve for HOSTA?

I, too, found myself responding negatively to the suggestion that we need another
listserve for this discussion.  I have found myself extremely interested in the
posts and see no reason why those who are not interested cannot simply not read
them.  (Sorry for all the negatives in that sentence, but it says what I want to
say.)  It seems to me that objections to the discussion are actually objections
to the material being discussed and a desire to keep it from being brought out
into the open.

I probably should stay out of the discussion since I was not at the convention,
do not know the people involved, and have not even joined AHS yet, although I
have been intending to do so.  However, the ideas centered around corrupting
power and a high-handed banishment of a member from a list serve offend me
greatly.  I strongly believe that we all have the right to say whatever we choose
and let the rest of us respond as we wish.  We may not like something, but that
is not reason enough to prevent it's being presented.

That one person should be reprimanded for the ideas he presented and then not
even given information as to the precise reasons for it is absolutely
unacceptable in a democratic organization in a democratic country.

I may be wrong, Jim may be wrong, most of the others may be wrong, but, for
heaven's sake, let us say it.

West  Ghent, NY