Re: Will the real registrar stand up

In a message dated 9/8/1999 9:45:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
hawesj@gcnet.net writes:

<< Lori,
 I, too, am confused . On page 4 of the 1999 Yearbook, Jim Wilkins
 "As a society , we serve as the registration authority for the Genus
 Hosta." And Dave is not a member of the society, so I have been told.
 Can anyone explain ?
 Jim Hawes >>
  Yes, I can explain. The Intrenational Congress was weary of dealing with
the Genus Hosta [bld itals] and were more than happy to get the AHS to take
it over. Bob Olson wrote to them and said that D. Stevenson would be the
Registrar. I like Dave personally but he does not know his --- from first
base about hostas. Rather, Bobby Olson still runs the show with the
acquiescence of the president of the AHS.

Stevenson is SUPPOSED to make independent judgements on registering a hosta;
but, as I have written before, he will register anything. He will also go
along with whatever Bob Olson wants---and it is quite obvious that Olson
wants the IAC and the preferred growers programs.

Olson still controls the Journal and the NFP corporation which is
incorporated in Minnesota.

Jim Wilkins is somewhat like former President George Bush--he likes the IDEA
of being president but does not like BEING president. He goes along with
whatever policy or person that relieves him from doing anything.

Butch is right. We must get rid of Wilkins.

Clyde Crockett z5