Re: get ingormation

Gerry/Bob O'Neill wrote:

> At 08:39 AM 9/9/99 -0400, you wrote:
> May I suggest a rewording of the pledge? How's this:
>
> "I pledge to go to the Convention, listen to all discussions (pro and con)
> relative to current policies of the AHS, and then vote in the best
> interests of the AHS and its membership".
>
> Although the image of a large number of us storming the AHS castle with
> torches flaming is an attractive one, asking people to pledge to vote
> against policies without open discussion before voting is exactly the kind
> of behavior we are accusing the current powers of. I would still like to
> hear from the AHS leadership defending the IAC, Preferred Grower's Program,
> and required convention attendance for voting policy before voting them out.
>
> Gerry
 ********** Gerry
That is reasonable.  I have asked for explinations repetedly, and
recieved none.  As to the IAC list , and Registration,  I noticed a
recent request for imput on these matters.  This is starting to look
like a ploy, to simply "quiet the masses"  let me explain.  At the June,
convention , "business meeting" The chair(Jim Wilkens)asked for any who
were intrest if helping formulate new or refined thinking on those
matters, to sign a sheet.( this also looked wonderfull to me at the
time)  I was one of the first to do so.  Jim W. expressed warm thanks,
saying he had hoped I would want to do this.  The implied if not said
thinking was that a revised piece of work, with some constructive
suggestions, would be taken to the October meeting of the "new voting
board"  Well it is now  into Sept.  I have not had so much as a simple
contact .  I have posted messages to Jim. and touched on this matter ,
as well as many other that affect out organization.  Silence from Jim.
I will next patiently try writing a letter , if that fails, will phone.
What else can one do to get the needed information?
Thanks
Ran