Committee for Change

AHS Members,

At the 1999 convention we were given the new proposed bylaws that were
recommended by the committee for acceptance at the business meeting. The
new bylaws were essentially signed, sealed and delivered.

As the internet is treated as not being an option, our only way for
input is  motions from the floor during the business meeting.

The deck is stacked against input even at the business meeting. I
suggest those with suggestions for changes in the bylaws show up at the
2000 convention armed with knowledge of Roberts Rules of Order. We need
to start organizing our motions now so we will be prepared.

I heard that 1999 was the first year there was ever a motion from the
floor. We need many more motions from  the floor in 2000. We need to put
an end to some of this nonsense we are being forced into because of bad
policies.

Four motions that come to mind:

1) Plant the I.A.C. six feet under.

2) Eliminate the secret police from the AHS robin.

3) Allow free speech on the AHS robin.

4) Mandatory open discussion of board suggested bylaw changes on the AHS
robin.

If you are interested in working with "The Committee for Change" write
me personally or publicly. We may want to form another listserve just
for these discussions. We should use the AHS robin as much as possible
to keep AHS members informed, but it has already been pointed out that
at least one board member feels questioning policy, or questing the
wisdom of those making policy, should be a punishable offence.

Let's go loaded for bear.

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7