Re: Baloney

In a message dated 9/11/1999 11:20:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
ranbl@netsync.net writes:[Gerry wrote:]

<< I sent an
 > email to Carolyn asking why I had not been approved. She has just answered
 > saying that the instructions in the AHS Journal say to send membership
 > information (whatever that is; I don't have a m'ship # on my card) to her
 > FIRST, then the subscription can be entered. I unfortunately, was following
 > the instructions given me by people on hosta-open, since I can't find my
 > one and only copy of the journal.
 >
 > OK, in all fairness, my mistake. But I wish I had received a note from her
 > on Tuesday instead of having to wait til today and contact her myself.
 >
 > Gerry >>
Gerry,

Phone Cindy Nance at 309 266-6013. She is the membership secretary of the AHS.

Ask her for your membership # and let her know that people are being sent
thru hoops to get on the AHS Robin. She is a very kind person and I am sure
she would be disturbed by your experience.

I have no idea what MY membership # is. I doubt if many do.
I should think that those in charge of the AHS Robin could telephone Cindy to
check.(I must say as I have said before, I see only one reason for making the
AHS Robin exclusive----to get new members. I find it pitiful when a member
cannot sign on. Actually, I don't think you are missing much. I get all of
the postings to and from the AHS Robin. It is a mess.) Indeed, I advised a
person who is new to this list NOT to sign on to the AHS Robin---and I
believe that he/she did not do so. All you want to know about hostas--you can
get the answers here.

Clyde Crockett z5