Re:

Gerry:

>I think this probably fits my earlier definition of "personal
>attack," doesn't it?

>>At 09:26 AM 9/10/99 -0700, Halinar wrote:
<snip>

>>Our then president who was
>>and still is a stupid women immediatly spread her legs and said
>>anything you command, take me.  The stupid whore didn't think I
>>would find out what happened because she told all the board members
>>to cover up what occured.  She knew the alligations were false and
>>she knew the documentations were forged, or at worse should have
>>known they were of suspect orgin, but yet she didn't care.  Her
>>first goal was to please the big shot board member and to please
>>herself.

First, as Jim Hawes correctly interperts, telling the TRUTH in a
factual matter can never be a personal attack.  I was making the point
about the the past and current Presidents of the daylily society to
demonstrate that the problems in the hosta society are problems that
occure in many other orgainizations.  Now, admittedly, calling the
past president of the daylily society a whore may appear to be a
personal attack and it certainly would be a personal attack if that
word was used without reason.  However, when a person undertakes
action that clearly demonstrate that they are acting like a whore,
then it can not be a personal attack to call them a whore because
their actions clearly demonstrate what they are.  There is a
difference between using strong, but correct words and personally
attacking someone for no good reason.  Unfortunately, our past daylily
society president was/is stupid, so calling her stupid is a factual
statement of fact.  The fact is she acted like a whore because she
obliged the wishes of the big wig board member to remove me from the
robin solely because he had a perosnal grudge against me.  Calling her
a whore may sound strong for some people, but the FACT is her actions
clearly demonstrate that is a correct word.  The same applies to
calling our current daylily society president a coward because his
actions are clearly that of a coward - it's just a factual statement
of what happened.

I'm old enough to have acquired some wisdon, but yet young enough to
know I have it, and have a little ways to get to Jim Hawes age.  I've
learned there are a lot of people who seem to be nice people when you
meet them, but behind the mask lies some real nastiness.  There are a
lot of people who are attracted to power and then like to use/abuse
that power.  They THINK they are doing good and sometimes their
intentions are actually amiable, but they have this strong need to
control.  It's impossible to communicate with these people because it
is the power that is controling them.  CS is a perfect example of
someone being controled by the power she has.  We have the same
problem in the daylily society with three Big Brothers that control
the robin.  One of them immediately went out and bought a Nazi uniform
to wear when he reads the robin email - his nick name is Nazi Ted
because his actions are clearly Nazi like.  Like CS he is controled by
the power he has because he has a weak personality that doesn't know
how to accept power.  If you want to have a clear understanding of how
someone can have power and not abuse it and someone who constantly
abuses power, and if you are young enough to remember, compare
President Eisenhower with our current President!  Some people will
lash on to any power they can get regarless of how silly it may be.

Joe Halinar