Re: Personal Attacks (Last comment on-list)

Whether the characterization of the lady in question is true or not, it is
still a personal attack. Truth only enters into the picture when the issue
of libel (or slander; is email considered "print" or not?) is raised. For
example, would you have called her a "nigger" if she was African-American?
Truth to be sure, but still highly offensive and not appropriate for

I have no doubt that you WERE abused, and that your recounting of the
EVENTS were factual. I understand your anger and passion and the reason you
brought this up on hosta-open. But I still think the point could have been
made without the epithets used.
And to answer Jim..I am not offended by the WORDS used; I am disturbed at
the WAY they were used.

And I am happy to continue this conversation off-list if you or anyone else
would like. I'd rather talk hosta here.