Re: Questions via e-mail

In a message dated 9/13/1999 8:09:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
hostadocta@pop.voyager.net writes:

<< 9)  Concerning proxies, there are no provisions to vote by proxy in
 >our by-laws. >>

Dear Jim,

The fact there are no provisions in our By-Laws regarding proxy voting does
not mean that that cannot be done. There is no provision in the U.S.
Constitution that permits or authorizes the U.S. Supreme Court to declare
Acts of Congress unconstitutional---but it is done.
I should think that you would want the opinions (i.e. votes) of ALL the
members of the AHS--not just those who are able to attend conventions.