Re: ALFALFA

In a message dated 9/16/99 2:31:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, SUONEILL writes:

<< Subj:    Re: ALFALFA
 Date:  9/16/99 2:31:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  SUONEILL
 To:    SECK138

 I use alfalfa pellets for my roses and vegetable garden.  It is really made
for horse and cow feed so it is the same stuff in manure!!!  It is highly
recommended for roses.  The first time I bought as alfalpha meal at a nursery
in a little sandwich bag for $5.00.  Then I read an article in Organic
Gardening Magazine where it said how wonderful it was and it was only $7.00
for a 40lb bag.  I nearly flipped.  Since then I have been going to feed and
grain stores and buying it for $7.25.  I make a tea with it soaking about 4
quarts of pellets in 50 gals of water for about 4 days.  Then I add the rest
of my tea ingredients for my roses.  Works great.   >> Sue ONeill Atlanta GA