Re: Open Questions to the President

Jim:

   Please forgive me in advance for a stupid question ...

   I'm not sure I understand how the IAC hurts anyone other than (maybe)
hybridizers who fail to register their plants.  Could you please explain in
more detail your feelings on this particular issue?

   As to your comments with regard to the photos of unregistered plants in
AHS publications, the Journal still contains pictures of IAC plants (they are
identified as such) and allows for photos of unregistered hostas not included
in the IAC list ---
these plant pictures are not identified by name but are captioned as
"Seedling of ...".
This makes my job a little more difficult, but I'm not sure I understand how
this hurts anyone else.

   Thanks for your continued input.

Sandie Markland
Lorton, Virginia