Re: Open Questions to the President

Seems to me that if you support this program, you shouldn't have unregistered
plants in your garden unless they are your own hybrids under evaluation.  If I
understand the purpose of the policy, it is to make sure that all hostas are
registered before they are distributed.  Wouldn't it seem logical to discard
those that have been distributed by those who will not register them?  It would
seem to me that to grow an unregistered hosta would be claim that you have a
right to grow whatever hosta you please.  That doesn't seem to conform to
current AHS thinking.

By the way, if Paul Aden doesn't feel compelled to register his unregistered
plants, does that mean that after the IAC list expires in 2001 I can register
one of my plants as 'Embroidery'?

Chick

Chick