BAP-10 is used as a foliage spray (they are saying 3000 PPM plus a sticker (Joy detergent)) but can also be used as a soak of the crown.  I would use it as a spray.  I do not know what the affect of spraying this time of year would be.  You might force new eye breaks which would not help much now, but then again you might just get more dormant buds.  I would request some other input on this question of someone who may have tried late treatments (has anyone got data on this?).  I imagine the best time to spray would be after the first flush of growth starts to get some size so that you stimulate a strong second flush (comments from users?).  Another question is what affect does BAP-10 have on how fast a plant reaches maturity.  Forcing all those buds may tend to keep the plant juvenile.  On of the advantages of tissue cultured plants (we use BAP in TC) is that they are very juvenile and tend to grow fast similar to seedlings.
Jim Anderson
-----Original Message-----
From: Lu Treadway <Hostanut@Bellsouth.net>
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Date: Friday, September 17, 1999 4:46 PM
Subject: Re: BAP

Jim, I just ordered some BAP-10 and am going to try using it on many of my new purchases from this year. Couple of questions.
First, is it something you spray on foliage or just the ground around the plants? Second, would you say that it's better to do during spring, after the plant breaks dormancy, or at a later time? Is it too late to do now, since fall is right around the corner?
Lu  (Atlanta Zone 7B)