Re: Examples of harm

<< Those plants that are not registered will be shunned.  And what does the
 membership gain by pretending these hostas don't exist?  Absolutely nothing.
 If
 a friend offers you a division of Embroidery, or even Blue Seer, Savannah, or
 Tatoo, will you say "No thank you, it's unregistered". >>

Thanks for your explanation, Chick, I appreciate it and it helps.

I don't believe there is anything anyone can do to stamp out the presence of
unregistered hostas in my garden or anyone else's.  Those of us who suffer
from the obsession see a plant which appeals to us and absolutely must have
it in the garden --- this won't change and I've never gotten the impression
that anyone within the AHS believes it will.  I have also not gotten the
impression that the AHS is out to control what individual's grow in their
personal gardens --- is this not a bit of overstatement?

I believe most commerical growers will continue to produce and sell whatever
they believe the consumer wants --- business is business after all.  You have
been quite outspoken as to your unwillingness to "cow" to such policies --- I
am one of your loyal customers --- you supply a superior product, registered
or not --- I still have every reason to believe it will not affect hosta
gardening as I know it! ;-)

As to the four plants listed above, I grow three of them and I don't consider
the fourth worth having --- but you should know that 'Tatoo' has been
registered.

Thanks, Chick!

Sandie