Re: Examples of harm

Sandie wrote:
"Are we not mixing the IAC with the Preferred Grower Program here?  As
been pointed out several times, they are not the same thing."

Sandie and all,

The Preferred Grower Label is the carrot the AHS is holding out to the
growers who abide by the IAC rules ................(this carrot contains
no new privileges)

The Preferred Grower Program contains the whip(financially discriminated
against by being blacklisted from advertising and vending opportunities)
the AHS will use to punish growers who don't abide by IAC rules.

The Preferred Grower Program offers nothing new to the grower. It's the
un-Preferred growers that are loosing rights.

The IAC and the Preferred Growers Program are interrelated and have been
presented as different parts of the same policy. (as was pointed out By
Jim Hawes)
Here's a hypothetical:

Grower A sells 25 kinds of registered hostas and sells no unregistered
hostas. Grower A qualifies to be a Preferred Grower.

Grower B sells 350 kinds of registered hostas and also sells 250 kinds
of unregistered hostas. Grower B does not qualify to be a Preferred
How well thought out are policies that could allow for the above

Or are such devious minds on hostaopen that we could find a flaw or
loophole in anything?

Could there be a well thought out reason for any policy that would
reduce the number and variety of hostas available to AHS members,
especially at a convention?  I find this a strange and undesired result
of any AHS policy.

I guess I need more educatin' before the big picture comes into focus.

Or Michigan water.             <joke>

Dan Nelson
Bridgeville DE
zone 7