Re: Tattoo

<< On the subject of Tattoo, I must agree with you in the sense it looks
 absolutely terrible by the end of summer and I don't mean when it is time to
 go dormant.  It has terrible looking spots and I simply cut off the foliage
 and forget I have it. >>

Actually, Beth, I was referring to 'Embroidery', not 'Tattoo' --- but you are
right, I have seen people have terrible problems with 'Tatoo'.  I grow mine
in full sun with quite a bit of water and it seems to do fine ... so far!!

But this actually brings up another point ...

The vast majority of plants in my garden with tokudama in their heritage have
done very poorly over the past two years, due (I assume) to excessive heat
and perhaps drought, although I water religiously.

Is it possible that some of the children of tokudama simply do not do well in
the warmer zones?  What have others experienced?

Sandie Markland
Lorton, Virginia
Zone 7