Re: Examples of harm

   Before this discussion goes any further, I am not a member of the Board.
My only job is to select photos for the Journal and the upcoming Journal is
my first endeavor in this area --- such assumptions and misunderstandings are
exactly why I did not ask any questions earlier on this subject.

   As I pointed out before, I don't really care about this policy one way or
the other.  I am simply trying to understand the rabid feelings against it.
From the information I have read about the IAC program, it simply appears to
be strong encouragement to register hostas --- that's it.

   And not to be nasty or anything, but I stopped asking the question "Why
make up rules no one wants to follow?" when I was in third grade --- it's
really not a legitimate
argument.  After hearing educated adults who really should know better mouth
and write the same words a million times during my 20 year career on Capitol
Hill, it really makes me want to wretch!

   I am not arguing with you or defending the policy (I have no special
insight into the matter), I am simply attempting to understand both sides of
the argument --- things are slow in the garden right now.

   Take care!