Re: Tattoo

> But isn't that the whole point of this forum?  To exchange
information and
> experiences growing different varieties so the rest of us can
make informed
> choices.  I appreciate hearing the good and bad about any
cultivar.

Joanne, my sentiments exactly. The main reason I joined these
robins is to try to learn more about Hostas. I want to know both
the good and the bad of each and every variety.
For example, I have spent lots of money on varieties that just
don't do well for me. Had I known about their faults earlier, I may
not have purchased them. Lunar Eclipse comes to mind.

On the other hand, I grow Tattoo and I absolutely love it. Mine is
in a pot, on my deck. Gets Sun for most of the day and is watered
daily, since it is in a pot. I have seen those spots on lower
leaves (mildew?) and have just removed it. Plant is healthy and
growing well for me.  (John, email me if you are still interested
in a trade.)

Which brings me to a side issue. I really think this database we
are going to work on should include a section that indicates a
variety's optimal growing conditions. For example, some grow better
in sun with more water, and some grow better in dry shade. It would
be so helpful to have this information available when you purchase
a new variety. Yes, I realize that my growing conditions are
different than those in Canada. I think a little common sense
should be applied. Or maybe a suggestion for three or four regions?
Just thinking out loud....

Lu  (Atlanta Zone 7B)