From: James M. Anderson [mailto:jmahosta@WinterberryFarms.com]
Sent: Friday, September 17, 1999 5:06 PM
To: hosta-open@mallorn.com
Subject: Re: BAP

BAP-10 is used as a foliage spray (they are saying 3000 PPM plus a sticker (Joy detergent)) but can also be used as a soak of the crown.  I would use it as a spray.  I do not know what the affect of spraying this time of year would be.  You might force new eye breaks which would not help much now, but then again you might just get more dormant buds.  I would request some other input on this question of someone who may have tried late treatments (has anyone got data on this?).  I imagine the best time to spray would be after the first flush of growth starts to get some size so that you stimulate a strong second flush (comments from users?).  Another question is what affect does BAP-10 have on how fast a plant reaches maturity.  Forcing all those buds may tend to keep the plant juvenile.  On of the advantages of tissue cultured plants (we use BAP in TC) is that they are very juvenile and tend to grow fast similar to seedlings.
Jim Anderson