Re: registration

Gerry/Bob O'Neill wrote:

> Chick,
> I'm interested in why you hate it. Don't worry about enemies; I'm open to
> dissention. E-mail privately if you don't want to get stuff started.
>
> Gerry

I hate it because I think the fastest way to turn a small or nonexistent problem
into a major catastrophe is to put it in the hands of a committee.  Especially a
committee of the American Hosta Society, where 25% of the membership hates another
25% at any given time.

And I am not convinced that shoddy growers are a big problem.  Every business in
the world occasionally makes mistakes, except mine, but businesses that make a
habit of it soon disappear.

I honestly don't understand why you think you need to form a committee and go
through all that polling, voting, appealing and judging, just to figure out where
to buy your plants.   Why not just ask someone?

And those are just a few of the reasons.

Chick