Re: Examples of harm

Sam020857@aol.com wrote:

> No actually I learned that much later ... right about the same time that I
> learned to just smile and say "okay" to idiotic demands, rules, policy,
> what-have-you and then go merrily on my way doing exactly as I please.  It
> saves me a lot of energy.

I am almost ready to give up on you, but not quite.  One last try.  You can't
do exactly as you please if what you would like to do is advertise in the
Journal, enter a cut leaf show, sell plants at the convention, have one of your
plants displayed in a convention garden, and tell the AHS that it's your plant
and you should be the one who decides when and if to register it.  Now, I
understant that you are not a seller or a breeder, so you don't want to do
these things, and so you can smile and say OK.  Maybe I'm missing something,
but it still looks to me that what you are saying is that as long as it doesn't
affect you, then so what?  You still haven't convinced me that it is not
important that under the policy I would not be able to participate in various
AHS functions because I won't allow the AHS to force me to register hostas if I
don't want to or to stop selling hostas that other people don't want to
register.  You are pretending that there are no consequences just because there
are no consequences for you.

Chick