Re: Registering

Question:  What is to stop people from just naming their own plants and
selling them to others?
     Registering means nothing to lots of people. In fact, people who don't
know the names of hosta and there are a lot of those,  # 1. could care less
if they are named or not, #2. buy them because of their color or
variegation, or just because they like them, #3. have no idea that there
even is a hosta society and IMO would be appalled at its tactics and what is
going on within the "society".   Registering means to me that it will be a
high price tag for a few years until it becomes more available.  I just
don't understand the reasoning except the money involved. Anyone want to
explain it without being nasty?  Jean