Re: Registering

At 10:32 PM 9/20/99 -0400, you wrote:
  The major battle going on here is not about registration.  Sometimes,
>it is possible to agree that an end result is worthwhile, and disagree
about how
>to get there and at what cost.
OK, I'll bite. Just exactly what IS the end result we want here? It sounds
like we want to:
    1) Junk the IAC
    2) Junk the Preferred Growers Program
    3) Junk any committees of any kind
    4) Junk the present administration of the AHS
    5) Junk the AHS (or at least turn it back (?) into a social club with
annual conventions where we party, party, party and all live happily ever

I want it made clear here that I am in agreement with just about everything
that has been said on this forum. I agree there are changes needed. I agree
that this is a great forum for discussing pros and cons of all these
issues. BUT, I also wish I had a clear idea of what the goals are here. If
we don't have a clear vision of the end game then all this discussion is
just "full of sound and fury, signifying nothing."

I'm also a little tired of the fact that every good post with good
information has to be accompanied by a small measure of snottiness. I'm not
sitting on a high horse here; I'm just as guilty as everyone else.