Re: Registering

Gerry/Bob O'Neill wrote:

> OK, I'll bite. Just exactly what IS the end result we want here? It sounds
> like we want to:
>     1) Junk the IAC

>     2) Junk the Preferred Growers Program

>     3) Junk any committees of any kind

Nobody said that.  If you are referring to my post, I said that I saw no
justification for forming the committee you suggested.  Also, if you recall,
you specifically asked me for my opinion.

>     4) Junk the present administration of the AHS

Admittedly, some people would like to, but I think you have these kind of
disagreements in any organization of 2 or more people.

>     5) Junk the AHS (or at least turn it back (?) into a social club with
> annual conventions where we party, party, party and all live happily ever
> after)

Nobody that I can recall has suggested junking the AHS.  Before the current
controversy, the AHS was not simply a social club where we party, party,
party.  If it was, I wouldn't have belonged for so many years because I have
only been to one convention and that was only for the day.  Unfortunately no
parties that day.  The AHS has been a fine and useful organization for many
years, and personally, I see no reason for a major overhaul.

> I'm also a little tired of the fact that every good post with good
> information has to be accompanied by a small measure of snottiness.

You are not going to appreciate my saying so, but I think your analysis of the
situation was accompanied by a small measure of snottiness.