Re: Tattoo----Solution to the Problem

 Butch Ragland wrote:

"The very last thing a grower would do is have or sell diseased plants."

Butch,

As a commercial buyer of landscape plants I can attest to the fact that
your above statement is false. We find insects and disease quite often
on nursery stock(trees, shrubs and perennials).  A good friend of mine
has received hostas from a commercial hosta nursery infected with foliar
nematodes.

I believe most hosta nurseries are very good at shipping disease free
plants, but there are notable exceptions. Tony Avent sells some of the
best nursery stock in the business and constantly checks for insects and
disease.

I will go further and say this: At the microscopic level it is darn near
impossible to grow or sell plants without small amounts of insects or
disease present.

Dan Nelson

PS. By the way, on a positive note, on a scale of one to 10, I rate
Tattoo -5