Re: Registration

Jim Hawes wrote:

> Gerry,

> But if someone wants to have a hosta teaparty, what's wrong with that? I
> hope I get an invitation.

Sounds like a great idea to me!  In fact we are having 15 - 20 friends
out this Saturday for a daylily dig. They all came earlier in the summer
and flagged the lilies they liked. Everybody wins. We get some enormous
old clumps dug and divided, they get some nice daylilies, and most of
all, first and foremost, we all have a grand time. I believe this is how
life was meant to be lived. I believe all the sad events of late on the
hosta robin could certainly have been avoided with just a grain of
common sense back when the power mongers were setting up shop, and if
the people on the robin would simply practice the golden rule. The hosta
society was a grand organization when I first knew about it 20 years
ago, and it can be again, but only if the gestapo rules are brushed
aside, along with the people who made the rules by all the good people
in the society. To punish and humiliate someone like Jim Hawes is simply
nonsense!  JML

--
               MissVitro Plant Tissue Culture Laboratory
                         John and Laura Lanier