Re: Tattoo----Solution to the Problem

In a message dated 9/21/1999 6:38:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
seabeth@heart.net writes:

<< Clyde, We know that your statement is true but obviously some are not aware
 of that situation.  Is it possible for some Tattoo to be infected and others
 not when they come from the same source? >>

Hi Beth & All,

Yes. It is rather like pulmonarias.If you have a plant that is suspectible to
a fungus, it doesn't necessarily follow that the plant was infected when the
grower sent it to you.
I am certainly no botanist, but I think that anthracnose (or any fungus) can
infect a plant even if you have no other infected plants in your garden.

I never noticed a fungus on P. 'Mrs. Moon' until some three years after I
acquired it.

My advice: Spray all gold hostas with an aqueous solution of a fungicide.

A friend of mine has a marvelous clump of 'Tattoo' (that I gave her from
Avent's plant he sent me)that is free of anthracnose. She lives within a
stone's throw of me.
I figure that somewhere there was the fungus in my garden---it was not
infected when I got it from Tony.

OOPS! Just got hit by a rock.

Clyde Crockett z5