Re: Good looking hostas

At 12:20 PM 9/21/99 EDT, you wrote:
>What is interesting is that even though I owned some of these plants last
>year they would not have made the list last year. They are:  Regal splendor,
>Blue umbrella, guacamole, splitzer, lakeside cha cha, salute, sagae,
>supernova, tokudama flavocircinalis, montana mt snow, king tut, paul's
>dark star, golden prayers, patriot, gala, warwick delight, squash casserole,
>great expectations, fragrant bouquet, fire & ice, kryptonite, whirlwind,
>striptease, lady isobel barnet, pandora's box, little sunspot, zounds.   I
It's interesting that almost every list I see like this has Sagae on it. A
truly outstanding hosta, IMHO. I was out of the country for most of the
month of August, during which time we had nary a drop of water. Almost all
of my hostas, which had looked gorgeous when I left, suffered some symptoms
of the drought. Except Sagae. Still with that beautiful grey-green color,
not a sign of browning on its creamy edges. I've tended to overlook it at
times in this year's frenzy of planting a new bed and acquiring new cv's,
but it is still one of my all-time favorites.