Re: Tattoo

NardaA@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 9/21/99 6:21:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> true-blue@prodigy.net writes:
>
> <<
>  Some of the most brilliant people in history were complete dorks! Be
>  proud of your dorkiness! :)
>
>  Diane
>   >>

> Diane, what is the difference between a dork and a nerd, now mind you I am in
> no way suggesting that Chick is a nerd.  :^) Narda

Narda,
  You set me to task on that...I have a strange love for the history of
words, so I checked around the internet for exact definitions. Sorry to
say there's plenty of them for "nerd" (a stupid or worthless person),
but not much out there for "dork", except that it references the
definition for "nerd".
  That said, let me add my thoughts, as usual.  I disagree with
Webster's definition of "nerd" - most nerds I know are very smart, but
some are sometimes socially inept.  A "dork" to me is someone that might
LOOK like a nerd, or ACT like one at times, but really isn't one.  For
example, in my mind, I see people like Bill Gates, Albert Einstein, and
Steven Hawking (pre-illness days) as dorky nerds.
  Chick, I hope you have some lofty goals for your brain. There's alot
of famous dorks out there to compete with - how many are in the hosta
world, I can't say. :)

Diane
Diane