Re: Visiting Germany - - Gardens

In a message dated 9/24/1999 1:03:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
lako731@usit.net writes:

<<  I am very much interested in locating
 and visiting gardens and or nurseries during this visit. >>

Heinz Klose has a mag garden. Ullrich Fischer near Braunschweig has a fab
nursery. I THINK that the nursery of the late the Countess von Zeppelin's
nursery is still in operation---managed by her son-in-law, Prinz Carl von
Bahr.
I will send you Ullrich's tel #. He knows EVERYONE.

In one of the Hosta Journals, there is an article on Hostas in Germany.
Several  private gardens are mentioned. The owners are members of the AHS and
am sure they would be glad to have you.

I'l try to get you addresses.

Public gardens: You will want to see Der Koenigliche Garten zu Herrenhausen.