Re: Foliar Nematode Research for Resistant Cultivars

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Nelson <sussextreeinc@ce.net>
To: Hosta Open <hosta-open@mallorn.com>
Cc: AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM <AHSE-MAILROBIN@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM>
Date: Friday, September 24, 1999 7:24 PM
Subject: Re: Foliar Nematode Research for Resistant Cultivars

I have been quiet on the front of IAC and preferred growers because I did
not feel I could contribute any additional information but on the foliar
nematode front, I feel very strongly this situation.

Dan, Where did the information come from about doing research to find
resistant varieties?  I really think this needs to be looked into.  I am in
total agreement with you Dan, we need to spend the money on a treatment, not
resistance!  How can we get facts on this issue?

Beth Arnold