Re: Interim Accepted Cultivar Birthday Party Tour...Part 2

Jim Hawes wrote:

> going to give mine and I hope you will give yours. Perhaps the President
> and the Board will take some of them to heart....perhaps not. But let's
> make them anyway, hoping that some will listen and consider them before
> the Board meets next,  sometime in October.
>
> Jim Hawes
>
> Part three with suggestions to the Board  follows soon.

***********
Jim and all
The kind of "problem " you have been discribing, comes about in a
vacume.  I am afraid the AHS leadership over the past few years has
become (in some ways) just that.  Jim is calling for all to get
involved.  This is not just a problem for the few of us that wre vocal,
Is is ao soon will be a problem for everyone.  You will hear that the
IAC list, is "on hold" what ever that means.  What about the notion of
Preferred Growers?  Is that on hold/  Or the inability to post on thr
AHS robin, with out "big Brother" "watching"?  What about banning
advertising in any AHS forum, from those that sell any unrigestered
Hostas.  How about the policy of not sccepting anu unrigestered hosta
for sale at a AHS auction,Are those "new restrictive" policies on hold.
Or what about the rule that Venders at a national Convention , can not
sell unrigesterd Hostas?  Is that one still in effect?  Have the
policies "surprising" members with new , poorly organized ideas, with
out asking for impute from most members, been put on hold.  There is a
lot more , but you get the idea.  Write letters to the board, Jim
Wilkens, CH Falstead, Bob Solberg.  The losers in this , if changes are
not made,will not be the growers/ hybridizers, it will be you!!
Ran