Re: I.C.A. Birthday Party Tour

In a message dated 9/30/1999 1:26:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
halinar@open.org writes:

<< I do believe there is a simple answer for the IAC problem, and some of
 its related problems.  There is a list of hostas that are interm
 accepted hostas that are suppose to be registered by a certain date,
 or else all hell breaks loose.  Well, since all these hostas are
 known, and since many are well known and commerically successful, and
 since they will continue to be sold commerically, why not just say
 these hostas are hereby accepted as registered hostas and include them
 in the database of registered hostas.  It seems to me that would solve
 a LOT of problems.  Of course, that is a logical solution which might
 not be understandable to some people.

I majored undergrad in theoretical mathematics. It is great fun to dabble in
One can construct a new math where, in some cases, 2 does not equal 2. Or,
more likely, a x b is not = b x a. I think the IAC thing is analogous.
Someone( and I know you) dreamed this up , without any practical or logical

It would be best to do what Joe suggests. In other words, just forget about
it. It is silly from a logical viewpoint. It is nothing more than a child's

Clyde Crockett z5