Re: Pelargonium species w/fringed petals

I'm thinking that this was your question, but I inadvertently deleted the
original e-mail.  I forwarded your description of the unknown species to
Carol Roller, President of IGS, who has extensive experience with growing
species.  Her reply was:

"There are several species Pelargonium with fringed petals.  You said the
flowers are like P. schizopetalum but the foliage is moer like triste.  P.
caffrum has deeply divided foliage, but it is coarse.  It is more likely that
the plant is P. bowkeri, which has deeply cut foliage somewhat similar to tris
te.  You said the color was yellow-green to brown-purple.  My bowkeri had
yellow-green at the base of the upper petals and the rest of the flower was
purple.  Mine only bloomed every five years."

Cynthia Lohry