Re: pelargonium torulosum

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] pelargonium torulosum
  • From: DX Victor <david@VICTOR.U-NET.COM>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2001 09:42:21 +0100

P. torulosum was described by Betty Marais in S. Afr. J. Bot. 56 (5): 565
(1990).  It is in Section Ligularia still, I believe, though there have
been some doubts raised.  My plants grow to about 3 cms tall and comprise a
string of small beads, with tufted foliage.  It is deciduous with creamy
yellow flowers.  I grow it in long clay pots in almost pure sand.
Best Regards,
David Victor

Araceae, Cape bulbs, Clematis, Geraniaceae, Paeoniaceae, Saxifragaceae and
anything else that is beautiful
Hockliffe, Bedfordshire, England, UK   Zone 7

Visit the new British Clematis Society web site at