Re: Heritage

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Heritage
  • From: "Roth, Barry" <BRoth@BROBECK.COM>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:55:00 -0700

Sandy,

I'm not aware of such a study, but DNA sequence data could certainly be used
to show genetic similarities and differences between P. X hortorum and its
putative ancestral species.  Certain kinds of similarities would be strong
evidence that a species was involved in the ancestry of P. X hortorum.

Barry

>Ed and Barry,
>    I read somewhere that there had been genetic DNA testing to verify
>the heritage of P. x hortorum, at least.  Do you know anything about
>that?
>Thanks,
>Sandy

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to postmaster@brobeck.com
BROBECK PHLEGER & HARRISON LLP
http://www.brobeck.com