Ivies

Hi William,

Thanks for sharing your memories and your experience with the ivies.

I have ordered the following, and guess they are mostly dwarf and some are balcon ivies and the description is as it comes from Holt Geraniums.  They have not arrived for which I am thankful since not quite ready for them!

Frances Parmenter: ?Mini Lilac Cascade? but with each leaf having a wide white border. A lovely dwarf plant.

Balcon Ivy

Oldbury Cascade A mini Balcon-type. Leaves green with a wide border from cream to gold. Single red flowers. Very striking combination!

Balcon Ivy

Remsquelle Variegatum: Single pale pink almost white with a red dot on top petals. Variegated golden green with white foliage.

Balcon Ivy

Golden Lilac Gem: Stiff, waxy green leaf with a wide gold border. Double lilac bloom. Short to medium trailing.

Ivy

Golden Tears: Light gold, stiff leaves, shield shaped, slightly scented. Flowers are double pale lavender. Very compact, dwarf.

Ivy stringer ½ dollar or silver dollar sized leaf, shade

Laced Sugar Baby: Semi-double pink bloom, green leaves are veined with white. Small, dwarf ivy that blooms profusely. Very attractive!

Ivy

I was given Rose Evka and it has one bud now.  And, another person gave me Sunset Marble aka Wood's Surprise.  Also have a very tiny Golden Baby which is a sport of Gay Baby.  It has been a very slow grower - got it at the board meeting in January and still pretty small.  That one is in the greenhouse, other two on the deck right now.

Can you tell me how the ivies differ as far as taking cuttings?  Have grown the zonals almost exclusively at this stage, though had a garden of regals as a child.  In the bay area everything grew, and it seemed I just rammed a regal cutting into the ground with no problems.

Sandy