Re: [IGS] Erodium question

Dear Diana:

We grow both Erodium pelargoniiflorum and E. trifolium. It has been my
experience that most plants that are labeled E. pelargoniiflorum are
actually E. trifolium. E. trifolium for us is a short lived perennial
that develops a large tap root and gradually declines in vigor after
about three years in the garden or in a container. E. pelargoniiflorum
appears to be long-lived with no diminution in vigor. The most reliable
place to find seeds of both are from the Geraniaceae Group Seedlist
which is available to members only. The Seed Secretary is J.
Anton-Smith, Geraniaceae Group Seed Secretary, "Burnside," Mill Lane,
Prestbury, Cheltenham, Glos GL52 3NE, England. Seeds of both species
will readily germinate following scarification, usually within ten days
in the Spring. E. trifolium seeds all around in my garden as well.

I hope this is of help.

Robin Parer
Geraniaceae Nursery