Re: Registration

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Registration
  • From: David Barrett mentha@beeb.net
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 06:40:28 +0100

> Hi Everyone :)
> I haven't started to really research it yet, but does anyone know how to =
> go about registering a new plant that a person hybridizes? Does it only =
> go through IGS? Or also BPGS?  And.. is there such a thing as a =
> variegated regal?
> Thanks  Laurie

The BPGS (in the UK) doesn't have anything to do with the registration of
cultivar names, but the Chairman of the BEGS (yes, we have two "National"
Societies) took over the work so far completed from the Australian Society
who were previously the registrar for cultivar names. I am not sure of the
precise current position, but I will try to find out and post the
information on this List.

I'm sure I have seen at least one variegated Regal in the UK, but the are
not my speciality, so I'll leave Brenda and Cynthia to tell you more.