O.T. - monitoring computer use

  • Subject: O.T. - monitoring computer use
  • From: Carolyn Schaffner drsnooks@BUFFNET.NET
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 05:26:12 -0400

Claire P said -->

>I have an eleven year old grandson and moving him from a child's account to a
>regular account so he could actually use search engines has produced some of
>the most hair raising stuff I have seen come to our mailboxes.  We are now
>monitoring his account each morning and he requires permission to sign on.

How do you  monitor his account and give permission????? I have followed
Dr. Phil's advice and locked the keyboard and mouse in the car, but that
doesn't give me as much control as I'd like!!!!

My boy is 14 (er, 24, he thinks) -- as I look over his shoulder, I've
seen chat rooms, instant messaging, porn sites, and how to do just about
everything -- in great detail!

I wonder if there's a site for parents who need to monitor kids' work on
the computer!!!

Carolyn Schaffner in Buffalo, NY