Re: Comparisons

  • Subject: Re: Comparisons
  • From: Barry Roth <barry_roth@YAHOO.COM>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 20:05:23 -0700

HI, Sandy,

I have grown Keepsake and Lyric.  Both are "dark dwarfs."  Keepsake has distinctly darker flowers than Lyric, definitely in the purple (rather than pink) range but not deep purple-crimson like, for instance, Royal Norfolk.  I recall the flower color resembling the standard, non-dwarf, Patience of Holmes C. Miller; would not be surprised to learn if they had parentage in common.  It has a white-stigma type of white center, but the center is not large.  Lyric is in the bluish-pink range, pale, and also has a white-stigma white center.  I recall the center being larger than that of Keepsake.  I think the plant is also of larger stature than Keepsake.

Both are fully double with good-sized, well formed flowers.  The leaves are unzoned, as you would expect with white-stigma white centered flowers.

Best regards,

Sandy Connerley <sandy_connerley@SBCGLOBAL.NET> wrote:
Hello All,

I am wondering if anyone grows Jayne Eyre, Francis Parrett, Keepsake and Lyric. Wonder what the differences are in real life, size, shades of flowers, which have white eyes, and differences in foliage.

Looking forward to some comments.

Do you Yahoo!?