Re: Cuttings

Well, Barry, it is not that I think this is the best time.  Don't think here there are horrible times.  It is just that I need a slug of plants in a few months, and it gives the stock plants time to grow another batch of cuttings.  It is, of course, much more difficult emotionally to destroy lots of buds and blooms.  And, I still have some of my racks with fluorescent lights in case I want to do cuttings in the dead of winter.

Barry Roth <barry_roth@YAHOO.COM> wrote:
So, Sandy, you must think this is a good time of year to strike zonal cuttings!
I like the idea, because in cutting now, you are not taking off blooming wood
as you would be when you cut in the spring. Any other advice on this for the
rest of us Californios?

--- Sandy Connerley wrote:

> Hi Bill,
> I started 152 cuttings over the last few days. Some are certainly purple,
> but I will see if I can find a few more little pots and be sure to have some
> for you.

Do you Yahoo!?