Re: New to Group

  • Subject: Re: New to Group
  • From: Hedgehug@AOL.COM
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:23:20 -0400

Hi Kent,

Welcome to the IGS Robin.  My name is Cindi Lohry, and I'm originally from MI but now live in San Diego, CA.  Where in IN are you located?  I lived right at the MI/IN border in Buchanan, MI which is a flyspeck on the map about 20 minutes from South Bend, IN.  The thing I miss most about the midwest is the changeable weather.  I loved the changing seasons and, in particular, the thunderstorms in the spring and changing leaves in the fall.

In San Diego we've been having bouts of weather so hot the plants wilt in their pots no matter how carefully you water, followed by longish spells of cool, cloudy weather where everything just waits for the sun to come out again before it grows.

You mentioned that 'Kim' is your best seller; do you have a retail greenhouse?  What other plants do you grow? How do you overwinter your plants?

Cindi