Re: P.x zonartic

Hi Sonja,

Thanks so much.  We would just want the following message about the project to go to the societies or interested people in your part of the world.  Would love to know whom you contact.  We really appreciate it and think this is a very worthwhile project.

Regards,
Sandy Connerley

The San Diego Geranium Society (SDGS) in conjunction with the International Geranium Society (IGS) has undertaken a project to professionally digitalize 51 years (1953-2003) of the IGS quarterly journal, Geraniums Around The World, in an industry standard text searchable format and create a set of five CDs that will make the information easily accessible and widely available, with the view as actual pages, thus preserving history. A searchable index for all issues will be on each CD enabling a thorough, convenient retrieval of information.

Geraniums Around The World was first published in 1953 and the 1953-2003 issues cumulatively contain comprehensive and invaluable information on the Geraniaceae family, from specific cultivars and species of the five genera, Pelargonium, Geranium, Erodium, Monsonia and Sarcocaulon, to pest and disease issues, specific hybridizers and growers and their records, cultural information from seed to mature plants of numerous types in differing environmental situations, with photos, scientific data and book reviews. This information is of great interest to plant enthusiasts of all levels from hobbyists to professionals, as well as hybridizers and historians.

When completed, the set will be available for purchase at $30 US per CD, or $125 US for the 5 CD set, plus shipping. Payment can be made via credit card through a secure PayPal transaction. Go to the San Diego Geranium Society website for details and to access PayPal for this project. We anticipate the completion of the project in early 2005.

A LIMITED TIME OFFER for pre-purchase of the set is being extended to your society and its affiliated societies for $100 US, plus airmail shipping. For Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Belgium, this is an additional $12 US.

The San Diego Geranium Society is accepting contributions for this project and/or pre-purchase through PayPal on its website:

http://hometown.aol.com/suzgsx1100/myhomepage/club.html

Please reference this offer and provide your complete address for shipping.

This would make a great addition to your library, and would be of interest to many members individually.

We are asking that you publish an announcement regarding the project in your newsletter or journal, and hoping that your society and affiliated societies will contribute to the project by MAKING A DONATION, taking advantage of this LIMITED TIME OFFER, or BOTH.

If you have any questions, please contact: Sandy Connerley, IGS sandy_connerley@sbcglobal.net

or Cynthia Lohry, IGS and SDGS, hedgehug@aol.com

Sonja og Charly Hansen <scsh@GET2NET.DK> wrote:
Hi Sandy.

Of course i am willing to let people in Denmark and other part of my world
know about our Geraniums Around The World Searchable CD Project.
What will you have me to do ?

Sonja