Re: cuttings

In my experience, day length counts.  Pelargoniums don't need a lot of heat,
but most species like lots of light.  In the Northern Hemisphere, now is the
time of the shortest days and the least amount of daylight.  I always have
my best luck striking cuttings as the days grow longer.  When I want to
propagate a lot, I would even wait until the vernal equinox (March 21-22)
just to make sure the baby plants get a good start, with lots of daylight in
which to metabolize and grow.

A soil cable or some other source of mild bottom heat speeds growth of the
new little roots.  I'm not sure if it literally starts them sprouting
earlier than they would otherwise.  But it gets them to the "pottable" stage

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

To reply to our email administrator directly, send an email to postmaster@brobeck.com