Wanted: Info about these varieties

  • Subject: [IGSROBIN] Wanted: Info about these varieties
  • From: Martin & Jip <martjip@HETNET.NL>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 12:55:25 +0100

Dear friends,

First of all the very best for you and your families for the year to come. Health and happiness to all of you!

A few weeks ago I received a list of pelargonium varieties from a nursery in Aalsmeer, Holland. The man who sent me this wanted more information about the pellies they grow and sell; some of these are oldfashioned ones and he wanted the customers to have more information about them. A laudable initiative, isn't it?
 Therefore I set to work and checked all the information I had about the plants on the list. I tried to find out when these plants were intoduced and who the breeders were. So far I have been able to find quite a few things, but, alas, there are still some blanks.

My question to you all is: what do you know about the following pelargonium varieties? Anything is welcome! Thanks for your trouble! Some of the names may not be (quite) correct!

Gabriella (red double)
Pascal (red single)
Isabel (red double)
Madame Fl Block (red single)
Meri King(red single)
Rubin (red double)
Charrowell (red double)
Sport Madame Salleron (red single)
Juliana/ Kovalesky (orange single)
William walter (white/pink, single)
Lerchen Müller (cerise, double)
Rosalyn (pink, double)
Rose Jasmijn (pink, single)
Jean Billis (pink, single)
Palais (pink, double), a Pac variety???
Emma Hössle/Hossler (pink, double)
Mr Everaarts (dark pink, double)
Rouletta (red/white, single, when found?)

Yours, Jip Bieräugel, Alkmaar, Holland