Re: Wanted: Info about these varieties

  • Subject: Re: [IGSROBIN] Wanted: Info about these varieties
  • From: Mimy Sluiter <manx1@WXS.NL>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 13:54:05 +0100

Hi Jip,
Find below what I know
Mimy Sluiter

Dear friends,
My question to you all is: what do you know about the following
pelargonium varieties? Anything is welcome! Thanks for your trouble!
Some of the names may not be (quite) correct!

Gabriella (red double)
Can be:
HWD Gabrielli ®, salmon, zonal semi double, Dummen, Rheinberg, Germany

Pascal (red single)

Isabel (red double)
The only semi-double red with this name I have in my files is:
PAC Isabell, red, semi-double, breeder: Wilhelm Elsner, Dresden, Germany

Madame Fl Block (red single)
Must be correctly: Florentine Block, single red, rich flowering

Meri King(red single)
Must be correctly: Meriking, breeder: Enthoven, Netherlands

Rubin (red double)

Charrowell (red double)

Sport Madame Salleron (red single)
Madame Salleron, salmon rose, single, Zonal, Dwarf, green lemon scented
leaf with light edge, FRA Victor Lemoine, Nancy 1840-1850
The flowering sport is called “Little Trot”. You do not mention what is
the difference of this sport so I cannot tell more.

Juliana/ Kovalesky (orange single)
Correct name is Kovaleski, orangered, zonal, single, dwarf to normal
size. Juliana is a newer (so invalid) name for this plant bred by Victor
Lemoine in Nancy, France in 1906

William walter (white/pink, single)

Lerchen Müller (cerise, double)
Must be: Lerchenmüller, salmonred, semi-double
Rosalyn (pink, double)

Rose Jasmijn (pink, single)

Jean Billis (pink, single)

Palais (pink, double), a Pac variety???
Must be indeed PAC Palais, soft salmon pink, white edges, double zonal,
breeder: Wilhelm Elsner, PAC Nurseries, Dresden, Germany

Emma Hössle/Hossler (pink, double)
must be: Frau Emma Hössle, breeder: Hössle, Germany 1910

Mr Everaarts (dark pink, double)
clear pink, double, dwarf, Holland pre 1965

Rouletta (red/white, single, when found?)
White with broad cherry edges, x Peltatum, semi double, breeder: William
E. Schmidt, Palo Alto, California USA.19.. Sport of Mexican Beauty